Landscape Lighting - Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing the overall business by utilizing proven strategic management processes aimed at strengthening and increasing the profitability of the organization. This includes, but is not limited to, developing business expansion plans, operations plans and processes, sales and marketing strategies, financial forecasting and planning as well as training and team development programs. The BDM fosters key business relationships with potential and existing clients by working through the various business channels. Develops client-specific strategies and solutions, to increase sales and meet expectations, for profitability and client satisfaction.
● Identifies sales opportunities and consultatively sells solutions and/or services to assigned clients.
● Partners with business departments to define strategic objectives and hiring needs
● Develops strategies aimed at achieving revenue, gross profit and other financial targets
● Regularly conducts site visits and sales meetings with clients
● Listens for queues to bring in recommendations and insight from the Administrative, Sales and Business Development, Field Ops and Maintenance and Service teams
● Develops effective relationships with key stakeholders.
● Stays abreast of leading industry trends and sales best practices.
● Negotiates project estimates as well as service and maintenance contracts
● Builds and maintains subject matter expertise on industry trends, market activities and competitor strategies.
● Recommends and assists with implementing service improvements.
● Establishes and maintains a network of industry contacts through participation in professional/trade associations and other professional networking organizations.
● Assists in the establishment of sales, pricing and marketing strategies.
● Assesses the effectiveness of strategies and recommends changes and best practices.
● Produces, analyzes and communicates sales forecasts and other related reports to key stakeholders
● Collaborates with the stakeholders to explore strategic growth initiatives
● Provides guidance and coaching to new or less-experienced team members as requested.
● Regularly attends and facilitates team huddles
● Meets and/or exceeds assigned sales goals.
● Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
● 100 lbs maximum lifting with frequent lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
● Must be able to work on their feet for 8-12 hours per day, occasional overtime required.
● Must be able to use ladders frequently as well as going up and down stairs, bending, squatting, lifting, pulling/pushing
● Must properly use basic hand tools as well as electric and gas powered machines
Skills and Qualifications
Completed Bachelor’s degree, in business or a related field, with a minimum of two (2) years of sales related experience is required. Combination of post-high school education and related professional work experience equivalent to five (5) years may be considered in lieu of a degree. Previous experience in the staffing and/or human resources solutions industries is highly desirable. Willingness and ability to travel as much as 80% per week is required.
● Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
● Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
● Ability to adapt to changes in the business environment quickly.
● Ability to focus on client needs with a commitment to quality and customer service.
● Ability to prioritize, organize and perform multiple work assignments simultaneously
● Ability to identify and resolve problems through recommending and implementing creative solutions.
● Ability to demonstrate business acumen and market insight.
● Knowledge of and the ability to utilize Customer Relationship Management Systems and/or related tools.
● Knowledge of current sales trends, best practices and methodologies within the staffing and workforce solutions industries.
● Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
● Must be legally eligible to work in the United States of America
● Income Range: Commensurate with education and experience
● Job Category: Professional
● Experience: 3 - 7 years in a business related field
● Travel: Occasional as needed
Illumination FL provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
No interpretation or implementation of these policies will in any way violate rights guaranteed by the United States Constitution such as freedom of speech, freedom of religion or any other rights afforded to United States Citizens.